Monday, July 1, 2013

Room Decor: Bedroom

Hey girls! Today I am continuing my Room Décor series with a sneak peek at my room! If you want to hear about how I will be doing my closet, check out last week’s post. Let’s get started! My room is going to have a beach inspired theme. I feel that this can be hard to pull off because it’s really easy to make it look cheesy (that rhymed). That’s one of the main reasons I am going to be keeping the walls the same neutral color. Because the walls are lacking a pop of something bright, I am going to substitute that with my bed spread. It is the Zig Zag Duvet Cover from PBteen. This will provide the color pallet for the whole room.

Because the duvet cover is somewhat loud, I am going to be keeping all of the furniture white, with colorful accessories. The desk that I picked out is from Ikea.  It is the Glasholm/Finnvard.
To accompany it is the Tobias chair (the only piece of furniture that is not white. But clear’s close enough).
Because the sawhorse desk isn’t really a desk, it’s technically a table, I am going to need somewhere to put my makeup. I found a million DIYs on magnetic makeup boards, and it seems simple to make, as well as esthetically pleasing to the eye. When I make mine, I will be sure to write a post on it. The final thing in my room is my wall mural. It is the surfboard mural from PBteen. This will provide the room with the beachy feel.
Here is the SketchUp model I made for my room. Nothing is set in stone, so the design may change slightly. If it does, I will be sure to keep you all posted.
 
XO,
Steph

 

No comments:

Post a Comment