Tuesday, June 30, 2015

DIY Jewelry Organizer

Hey guys! I've got another DIY for you today! This one is a jewelry organizer that you can hang up on your wall. This DIY was born out of necessity, because last weekend, I went to Tiffany's and bought a  beautiful necklace. When I got it home, I realized I had no good place to store it. At the time, I was keeping my accessories in a jewelry box, but it had no place to hang necklaces. That's the reason most of mine were twisted and tangled together in one large knot. The box was sitting on my desk, and it just took up too much space. So instead of getting an even bigger jewelry box, I decided to look upwards. The wall above my desk was uncharted territory. It had a few pictures adorning it, but besides that, it was barren and ready to be accessorized. I had seen similar DIY's on Pinterest, and decided to make one of my own. I don't have picture of each step, but it's very simple to understand. Here you go!
Time: Two hours
Step 1) Gather supplies
For this DIY, you'll need:
*An old canvas painting (in frame) that you won't miss
*Sheet of cork (I got mine for under $10 at Lowes)
*Staple gun + staples
*Hammer + nails
*Exacto knife
*Push pins
*Ribbon (optional)
*Level (optional)

Step 2) Remove the painting
Take the painting out of the frame. This might take a little time if it is really nailed tight.

Step 3) Cover the canvas
Lay the sheet of cork on the ground. Next, place the painting face-side down on top of the cork. Use the Exacto knife to trim the cork to the size of the painting. Flip the painting so it is face-side up, and place the cork right back on top. Use your staple gun to staple the cork into place around the sides. On my board, you could still see the staples when I placed it into the frame, so I added some ribbon to cover it up (I stapled the ends of the ribbons on the sides of the canvas)

Step 4) Hang it up
Once you've put your board back into the frame and made sure it is secure, hang that sucker on the wall! Be sure that it's level!

Step 5) Organize and Accessorize
Use the push pins to hang up your favorite jewelry. I also added some magazine pictures to fill up the board. And ta-da! You're done!

XO,
Steph

 
 
(Here's a picture of how mine turned out. I love it with my desk décor!)

(Finally, here's my beautiful Tiffany's necklace (and Beyoncé)!

No comments:

Post a Comment